Investing Clip Art. Peak Investment Services.
Investing Clip Art
- Expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture
- Devote (one’s time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result
- (invest) make an investment; “Put money into bonds”
- Buy (something) whose usefulness will repay the cost
- the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
- (invest) endow: give qualities or abilities to
- Clip art, in the graphic arts, refers to pre-made images used to illustrate any medium. Today, clip art is used extensively in both personal and commercial projects, ranging from home-printed greeting cards to commercial candles. Clip art comes in many forms, both electronic and printed.
- copyright free photos or drawings.
- Predrawn pictures and symbols that computer users can add to their documents, often provided with word-processing software and drawing packages
- ready-made pieces of computerized graphic art that can be used to decorate a document
Press 1995-10-6 The List
Occupation? Glasgow-wide temporary radio station
History? First came Sweet FM, Ton and a Half, then Sweet FM again. Subcity is the fourth student-orientated radio station to broadcast in Glasgow on a restricted service license.
Who’s running it? It’s being put together from Glasgow Uni, Glasgow Caledonian and the Glasgow School of Art, but like the similar stations that came before it’s trying terribly hard not to be pigeonholed as studenty.
How are they doing that then? Recruiting the finest DJs the world has to offer.
Isn’t that a bit over the top? They’ve been DAT-ing the sets of some of the DJs that have been visiting the city over the summer.
What about local talent? Where do you want to start? Around 100 DJs in all. There’s Nick Peacock, Harri, Paul Cawley, Twitch, Rub-a-Dub, A-1, UK Gold, NAI, Knucklehead..
OK, OK, So it’s machine gun techno for elevenses. Not at all, there’s three segments to the 24-hour broadcasting schedule. 7.30am-6pm is the chatty, hearty-har, comedy, magazine and review show portion. The ’til midnight it starts to get clubby and after midnight and after that we hit the full on club zone and some ‘deep shit’ to take you through the night.
How has this progressed from before? With money from Student Representation Councils and sopnsors they’ve invested in proper broadcasting and production equipment.
Will this help much? Now they’ve got their own gear they don’t have to worry about getting the works together every time. Also people can pre-record who shows all year round and they’r properly set up to do phone-in shows.
Why should we tune in? Come on, have you heard Nicky Campbell and Tiger Tim?
Why shouldn’t we tune in? You night not get any sleep for a month.
Subcity radio broadcasts in inner Glasgow from Oct 9 to Nov 5 on 105.4 FM
Squiggles Clip Art by Toons4biz